The Users section is mainly designed for admins to manage users’ technical information as well as their data. Users are added to this list automatically, once the agent is connected to the server (you do not need to add users manually).
Also, here you may create departments to group users and create a tree of organizational units:
There are 2 views available:
- Flat: shows all users of the account (from all departments) in a single list.
- Tree: groups users into departments reflecting the organization’s structure model.
Information about each user will be reflected as follows:
- Status: The red indicator on the user icon shows that the user is offline while the green indicator shows that the user is online (connected to the Controlio server).
- Name: This column shows the user name that is captured from Windows API. The user name is recorded as user@computer for workgroups and user@domain for domain networks.
- Friendly Name: This field is extracted from Windows API and can be edited here by the admin.
- Path: This column shows the user’s path in the departments’ tree.
- Schedule Icon: Assign a custom monitoring schedule for a user or keep the one inherited from his monitoring profile.
- Self-Monitoring Icon: Enable self-monitoring for the selected user(s) by assigning them to an existing employee login, or by specifying an e-mail address that will be given employee access.
- Monitoring Profile: Indicates which monitoring profile is applied to the user.
- Last Seen: The last time the agent has sent any info to the server (last connect time).
- Last Computer: The name of the last device this user was active on.
On the top-left corner of the panel, you can find the "Action" button which can be used to achieve the following:
- Delete objects and data: Remove the user’s record from the platform with all activity data associated.
- Delete data: Clean up user’s activity data leaving only the user’s basic information in the system.
- Move: Move the user to a different department.
- Enable/Disable monitoring: Stop user monitoring and free a license slot. In order to execute the above action simply mark the checkbox on the first column corresponding to the list of users, then choose the action to perform.
- Assign to login: Enable self-monitoring for the selected user(s) by assigning them to an existing employee login, or by specifying an e-mail address that will be given employee access.