Client Launcher Download
Once you've created an account you need to install the monitoring client app (agent) to record users’ computer activities and upload data to the web console. The Client Agent setup app is called the Client Launcher - it provides you with agent installation and removal options.
To get the Client Launcher, please Click on the Download client agent item from your account’s menu:
The Client Download popup window will appear:
Depending on the operating system of the user’s PC, select the corresponding tab (Windows/macOS). You may download the Client Launcher app or copy & send the download link to your users (the download link will work directly, without necessarily having to access the dashboard). Please do not edit the Client Launcher file’s name as it contains your account id.
Windows Agent Installation
When you run the Client Launcher app, you'll be offered several ways to deploy the Controlio client agent:
- Install to monitor this PC - the Client Launcher will download and install the agent .msi package on this computer.
- Download msi for local installation on another PC - the Client Launcher will download and save the .msi package to the selected folder. This .msi package may be also used for GPO or SCCM deployment.
- Install remotely over LAN to other PCs - a remote deployment that works for local network admins with C$ access on remote PCs.
MAC Agent Installation
When you run the Client Launcher app, please follow these steps to deploy the Controlio client agent:
- Click on continue from the introduction tab.
- Select a destination where the client agent will be installed.
- Click on install to proceed, or select change install location to go back to the previous step.
- If the installer would like to access files in your Downloads folder, please select OK.
- You may then close the installer as the installation was successful!
To ensure that the Client tracking functions are up and running, go to Security & Privacy and make sure that the checkbox next to Wemonc is checked for the following:
- Input Monitoring
- Screen Recording
If the Client is up and running, you will need to quit it then reopen it to enable keylogging.
If the Client is up and running, you will need to quit it then reopen it to enable screen recording.